ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MAY - MASQUERADE PARTY & RECURRING NPC APPLICATIONS
Hello friends! We have two exciting announcements for you - Recurring/Special NPC Applications are open now, and THERE IS A MASQUERADE PARTY AT THE MAY GAME!
As foretold, there will be an illustrious masquerade party hosted by the incoming nation of Veyveux and their leader (The Dauphin). It will happen Friday night, and will take place in the Big Red Tavern. You do not need special or different costuming for this - but this is your chance to go all out on your finery if you have or want to make fancy ball kit for your character!
This is a big event with various faction heads attending, and masks are in-game required to attend. There will be a competition for the best mask, but if you can’t make or purchase your own, plot will be providing them in-game by way of a delivery on Friday night. There will also be a competition for “best brew” - aka the best in-game “alcoholic” drink. AS A REMINDER, NO REAL ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ARE ALLOWED ON SITE, AT ALL.
The Dauphin & co are also hiring for various positions like Bodyguards, Bards, Caterers, and other things - if your character is interested, you can “fill out the posting on the bounty board” by adding your name to the digital Google docs list. Those applying for bodyguards will meet at a specific place on Friday to confirm their employment, and plot will reach out directly to the Bard's & Caterers in the downtime before this game.
You can check out the in character invitation & info with details in the PDF here, or the image at the bottom of the page!
Secondly , we have a few reoccurring or special NPCs needed for upcoming events. Fill out the form if you're interested in playing one of these to receive more information. Applications will close as the roles are filled. Anyone applying to be a reoccurring NPC should be a 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗚 roleplayer, follow direction well, and be 𝗱𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 & 𝗱𝗲𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱 in their Post Event Letters.
1) A non-binary-presenting (they/them) character. Ability to roleplay confidence and charisma, with a commanding presence. A passable French accent is a bonus! Costuming requirements: fancy/aristocratic clothing befitting a medieval noble. Potentially recurring role throughout the rest of the season, MUST attend May event.
2) A short (5'6" or less) masculine (he/him) character. Be comfortable with combat, supplying your own armor & weapon(s) preferred. Providing your own halfling ears a bonus but not required. Potentially recurring role throughout the rest of the season, MUST attend July event.
3) A tall (5'10" or more) person. Be comfortable wearing complex/bulky "monster" costuming and participating in combat. High stamina, ability to lift & maneuver heavy costuming for an extended period of time. MUST attend Oct. & Nov. event.
4) Monster Hunter. Roleplay and potentially combat/running around heavy. Kit should communicate that the character hunts monsters (allows for mobility, good boots for running, etc). LARP bow or LARP crossbow and a neat, identifiable hat a big bonus. Potentially recurring role throughout the rest of the season. If your PC is a part of/interested in the Monster Hunter Guild, you'll want to sit this out.
5) Meridians! Must provide your own swimmable mermaid tail (such as FinFun) and be comfortable swimming in the lake. Mermaid ears a bonus but not required. MUST attend May event. **If you've played one in the past, please remind us by filling out the form!
6) Norraht! Must provide your own fanged teeth (red contact lenses are a bonus). Recurring role throughout the rest of the season.
If you don't fit the roles above but are still interested in playing a reoccurring NPC this season, there is a spot on the form for that! Fill it out and we'll keep you in mind for additional roles not listed here.
Link to casting form: https://forms.gle/8t3ouganNfxB9HCYA